Storage space is hard to come by and manage for some, especially if you have an entire archive of photos taken with a heavily modded, highly tweaked, HDR-enabled, twelve megapixel camera that seems to be the standard for modern day smartphones. Pictures tend to have a file size larger than necessary, but worry no more. Image Optimizer is here.
Developer teknoraver developed Image Optimizer with one main purpose, which is to heighten image compression ratios and optimize pictures. With support for JPEG and PNG files so far, Image Optimizer allows you to reduce file size of images, while suffering minimal quality loss.
The application also allows users to optimize multiple images at once in a batch job. Image Optimizer also allow the flexibility to select the quality level of compression, and it has the option to skip certain images if compression level is lower than a user-defined threshold. The optimize function sets your pictures to the most suitable size, while retaining optimal image quality. Images can be organized by date, name, and size.
Image Optimizer is most useful for Android users who need to clear up some photo space, at the possible expense of some additional compression artifacts. Continue reading
If you have ever used a recent version of Ubuntu, you will no doubt be familiar with the Unity interface. Love it or hate it, Unity offers an incredibly quick and intuitive way to access your most commonly used applications from a launcher that appears on the left hand side of your screen. In a similar style, Swapps! (a new Android tweak) doesn’t attempt to completely replace the devices main launcher. What it does do, however, is offer a way of accessing all your applications from wherever you are without returning to the home screen.
Swapps! is the ultimate tool for multitasking on your android device. With a simple swipe action you can get to any other app you wish.
Swapps! launcher is always there, when you play, read or listen, you can always swipe and switch to another app.
Swapps! Active Panel is divided into 3 spaces:
* Starred – Your favorite apps will always be on top for quick access.
* Recent Used – the last recent applications that you used for quick switching between tasks.
* All Apps – Full app drawer!
* Swapps contains full app drawer just like in your home app
* ‘Recently Used’ panel contains 5 last apps you opened
* ‘Recently Used’ app’s background process can be closes by long press on the app
* ‘Starred’ panel holds up to 10 of your favorite apps
* Swapps! is accessible anytime, regardless of which application is currently running, using a simple swipe!
* Notification icon can be disabled or made transparent in the settings screen.
* Fully customizable swipe-area (Side, Width, Height)
* Doesn’t affect battery life!!! Continue reading